Tuesday 18 October 2011

Would u want to be 'found' at all times?

I mean, would you let your husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend install a 'location finder' software on your phone? For him/her to have ur location a click away.
I wouldnt want that, honestly. Not like there is anything to hide but i dont just think it is natural or healthy for one to monitor the other that way. I mean, the whole bane of friendships and relationships is acceptance,trust,giving the other the benefit of doubt. Where does all these go to when we sit back and follow the dot (that is the person) around? I know that when asked where we are, we shouldnt lie about it (cos for you to lie means u are doing something u know will hurt the other person so why do it?) Sincerity is key.

I read this on yahoo -


When Apple released its new iOS 5 operating system to go with its iPhone 4S, it touted a new app called "Find My Friends" as a great way to track and meet up with friends. If they agree, you can see their locations on a map on your screen.
But the app's enterprising customers are apparently already finding other uses. If the online posts appearing on a chat forum at MacRumors.com are for real, "Find My Friends" may have already claimed its first marriage.
Saturday night on MacRumors, a man saying he lived in New York City posted this:
"Divorcing wife. Thanks iPhone 4s and Find My Friends.
"I got my wife a new 4s and loaded up find my friends without her knowing. She told me she was at her friends house in the east village. I've had suspicions about her meeting this guy who live uptown. Lo and behold, Find my Friends has her right there.
"I just texted her asking where she was and the dumb b---- said she was on 10th Street!! Thank you Apple, thank you App Store, thank you all. These beautiful treasure trove of screen shots [sic] going to play well when I meet her ... at the lawyer's office in a few weeks.
"thankfully, she's the rich one."

Was this man supposed to have done a thing like that? Well, he might be excused since he says he has had his suspicious of her. he probably was waiting to authenticate his suspicious so he can have an excuse to get the hell out of the marriage. Well, he bought himself and excuse.

This reminds me of a story on www.wivesroundtable.net  where a woman was asking if it was ok to browse through her husband's phone.

Going through ones phone is just a tiny step short of installing a location finder on that person's phone.

What do you think?



*****Image source - Yahoo*****

6 comments:

  1. hhehehehehe.... no way. YY had a quarrel sef before I agreed to be FB friends with him. What is next as far as technology goes? Maybe we will soon have some abracadabra ish.....hian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to let you know that I awarded you with the Stylish and versatile blog. Check my blog for more details

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I want to have such an app on my phone, but I can see how one may use it for their children or stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooo, such an application would help to build distrust between couples. I however agree with Myne about it been used to monitor children. It's my first time here and I'm going to check out your other posts now.

    naijabankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Words of wisdom!